12th Thessaloniki Documentary Film Festival
Greece, April 1 - April 10 2005
- Between War and Peace, Poverty and Dignity By Viliam Jablonicky by Viliam Jablonický
- How a Journalistic Approach Has Ruined Documentary Filmmaking By Antti Selkokari by Antti Selkokari
- The Face of the Festival By Maya McKechneay by Maya Irina McKechneay
- Portrait of an Artist as Provocateur By Dimosthenis Xifilinos by Dimosthenis Xifilinos
- Going Against the King By Angelika Kettelhack by Angelika Kettelhack
The second Greek city, capital of the province of Macedonia, hosts a feature film festival in November, and a documentary festival in the Spring. The FIPRESCI jury gave two prizes, one to a film in the international competition: The Three Rooms of Melancholia (Melancholian kolme huonetta) by Pirjo Honkasalo (Finland); and one to a Greek film: Elias Petropoulos – An Underground World by Kalliopi Legaki.