28th Montreal World Film Festival
Canada, August 26 - September 5 2005
- "Kamataki" The Place of Art By Chris Fujiwara by Chris Fujiwara
- The Competition: The Perception of Reality By Angela Baldassarre by Angela Baldassarre
- Five Images By Rainer Gansera by Rainer Gansera
- The Resistance By Javier Porta Fouz by Javier Porta Fouz
- Stephen Tobolowsky: Natural Born Raconteur By Christian Monggaard by Christian Monggaard
Montreal. Serge Losique, the founder and long-time director of the Montreal World Film Festival, was confronted this year with unexpected problems caused by the withdrawal of some public sponsors and the establishment of another festival, the New Montreal Film Festival, taking place only a few weeks later. It seems, however, that he was not fazed by these problems. He organized his festival as if nothing happened, and even got back the official FIAPF status of a so called A-Festival. As always, a jury of film critics jugded the international competition and found Kamataki by Claude Gagnon the best film of the selection. Read Chris Fujiwara’s review of the film, as well as notes on other films written by our jury members.