50th Valladolid International Film Festival
Spain, October 21 - October 29 2005
- "Merry Christmas" (Joyeux Noël) By Ramiro Cristóbal by Ramiro Cristobal Muñoz
- 50 years of Valladolid By Jerzy Płażewski by Jerzy Plazewski
- Iberian-America in Valladolid By Isaac León Frías by Isaac León Frías
- The Murder of a Gay Cowboy By Maja Bogojevic by Maja Bogojević
- "Water": the river runs dry By Maja Bogojevic by Maja Bogojević
One of the old and traditional European festivals. This year, the “Semana Internacional de Cine Valladolid” celebrated its 50th anniversary. Over decades, Fernando Lara formed the character of the event and made it to a meeting point of international independent cinema, with a special focus on Latin American cinemas. Juan Carlos Frugone succeeded him, organizing his first edition.
Christian Carion’s Merry Christmas (Joyeux Noël), taking place on a night when French and German soldiers spent Christmas together during WWI, already presented out of competition in Cannes, received our award.