Miskolc 2017: “Critical Skills Workshop”
Jameson CineFest Miskolc International Film Festival
September 8-17, 2017
Young film critics and film journalists will be invited to Miskolc to report on the films of the 14th Jameson CineFest Miskolc International Film Festival (September 8-17, 2017).
The program is designed for film critics or journalists under the age of 30 in Eastern European countries: Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia. They should meet the following criteria:
– They must be fluent in English (writing and speaking)
– Be eager to report on films within the framework of the Jameson CineFest
– Have published articles in newspapers, film magazines or on specialised websites.
The participants are expected:
– To be willing to cover a broad range of journalistic work: you will write interviews, reviews, reports, articles and features on the Jameson CineFest Miskolc International Film Festival
– To attend editorial meetings with their mentors.
– Participants will grant unlimited use and exploitation rights in and to all articles and reviews written in the framework of the Talent Campus and the Jameson CineFest Miskolc International Film Festival. The resulting articles will be published on the websites of CineFest and FIPRESCI.
The participants will be offered:
– A share of the travel expenses according to their country of origin.
– Free accommodation from September 8 to 17, 2017.
– The opportunity to meet and to be with many young talented filmmakers from all over the world and to experience the day-to-day buzz of a prestigious festival with unique competition programmes and the screening of classics.
– Participants will be guided through the Jameson CineFest by experienced colleagues.
– Every day, participants will have the opportunity to write a critique of a film from the festival program or short reviews of an event at the Campus program, and will discuss and review it with your fellow participants and film critics.
The application should include:
– Curriculum vitae and personal data (address, email etc, as well as a passport photo).
– Up to three (3) articles (scan of the originals) that you have published in the last two years (if these articles are not in English you should supply us with a decent translation as a proof of your English writing skills for each article).
– A short text (up to 100 words) outlining why you want to write about cinema.
How to proceed with your application:
Send your request together with all documents to the festival, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Friday, August 18, 2017. The participants will be informed a few days after this deadline.
The “Critical Skills Workshop” is an initiative of the Jameson CineFest Miskolc International Film Festival and FIPRESCI, the International Federation of Film Critics.
FIPRESCI Jury at Berlinale 2023
The Belarusian Independent Film Academy to be announced in Berlin
American Critics Vote On the Best of 2022
Iran 2022: Woman, Life, Freedom
European Film Awards 2022
Gandhi Medal 2022
European Discovery – Prix FIPRESCI 2022 (Nominations)
European Film Academy Starts Heritage Department
Grand Prix 2022: »Drive My Car«
Berlinale Talent Press 2023
Let's Get Critical (Locarno Panel 2022)
The Warsaw Critics Project 2022
Call for Release of Iranian Filmmakers
FIPRESCI-India announces Grand-Prix-2021
Film Community Mourns Vjosa Berisha
Cannes 2022 FIPRESCI Prizes
Brussels Festival Host the Critics' Prize
"The Truth Cannot be a Victim of War"
Bye to Murat Özer
Europa Cinemas and FIPRESCI present their Berlinale 2022 Awards
German Film Critics Association Announced 2021 Awards