42nd Istanbul Film Festival
Turkey, April 7 - April 18 2023Festival homepage
Klaus Eder (Germany), Bojidar Manov (Bulgaria), Marietta Steinhart (Austria), Yesim Burul (Turkey), José Solís (Honduras), Ekrem Buğra Büte (Turkey)
In The Blind Spot by
(Germany, Turkey, 2023, 117 min)
Next Sohee by
(South Korea, 2022, 134 min)
March 8, 2020: A Memoir by
(Turkey, 2022, 15 min)
- Istanbul, Turkey, April 2023 by Klaus Eder
- For The High Price Of Sin And Redemption by Bojidar Manov
- Sense Of Time And Change In Istanbul by Ekrem Buğra Büte
- The Best Hitler Impression And More by Marietta Steinhart
- The Water And The Power To Wash Away What Hurts by José Solís
- The Remains Of A Broken Youth by Yesim Burul
The jury presented three prizes: to a feature-length film in the international competition; to a feature-length film in the national competition; and to a short film in the national competition.
Motivation of the International Competition: “Jung Joo-ri’s sophomore feature takes a brutal, insightful, and compassionate look at the systematic corruption and abuse young people endure under the oppression of capitalism”.
Motivation of the National Competition: “The film focuses on the moral conflict of man’s everyday behavior and his most important personal values”.
Motivation of the Short Film Competition: “For discovering documentary essence in the unexpected ways of seeing and reflecting people’s political consciousness”.