42nd Istanbul Film Festival
Turkey, April 7 - April 18 2023Festival homepage
- Istanbul, Turkey, April 2023 by Klaus Eder
- For The High Price Of Sin And Redemption by Bojidar Manov
- Sense Of Time And Change In Istanbul by Ekrem Buğra Büte
- The Best Hitler Impression And More by Marietta Steinhart
- The Water And The Power To Wash Away What Hurts by José Solís
- The Remains Of A Broken Youth by Yesim Burul
The jury presented three prizes: to a feature-length film in the international competition; to a feature-length film in the national competition; and to a short film in the national competition.
Motivation of the International Competition: “Jung Joo-ri’s sophomore feature takes a brutal, insightful, and compassionate look at the systematic corruption and abuse young people endure under the oppression of capitalism”.
Motivation of the National Competition: “The film focuses on the moral conflict of man’s everyday behavior and his most important personal values”.
Motivation of the Short Film Competition: “For discovering documentary essence in the unexpected ways of seeing and reflecting people’s political consciousness”.