10th Cottbus Festival of East European Cinema
Germany, November 8 - November 12 2005
- The Black Man Is White By Antonia Kovacheva by Antonia Kovacheva
- Traveling Through Broken Myths By Marilena Iliesiu by Marilena Iliesiu
- "Something Like Happiness": Happiness, Czech Style By Bodo Schönfelder by Bodo Schönfelder
- "Something Like Happiness": Unhappiness On Each Floor By Claire Clouzot by Claire Clouzot
- Absurd Comedies: The Men With Good Eyes By Annika Koppel by Annika Koppel
This small city in Brandenburg, established in the 10th century when the Sorbs erected a castle on the Spree river, is now home to a bustling annual film festival: The FilmFestival Cottbus – Festival of East European Cinema. This year, our jury gave our award to Something Like Hapiness (Stesti), a Czech/German co-production by writer-director Bohdan Sláma.