24th Torino Film Festival
Italy, November 10 - November 18 2006
- Cats, dogs and other domestic animals By Rich Cline by Rich Cline
- Kazakhstan's revenge By Peter Keough by Peter Keough
- Two Outsiders in Islamic Society By Cristiana Paternò by Cristiana Paternò
- Ghost towns By Magda Mihailescu by Magda Mihailescu
- Fragments honouring Joaquín Jordà By Floreal Peleato by Floreal Peleato
Millions have laughed at Borat, the movie about the bogus journalist and filmmaker from Kazakhstan, and at its mocking depiction of the economically struggling former Soviet Republic. Maybe it’s poetic justice that a film by a real Kazakhstan director about the real Kazakhstan should win the FIPRESCI Prize at the Torino Film Festival — a meeting point for contemporary international independent cinema. with a special attention to emeriging cinemas and filmmakers.